The PHIVIDEC Industrial Authority (PIA) is a government-owned and controlled corporation that is mandated to identify and develop sites for industrial areas. It provides incentives and infrastructure needed by its investors or locators.
PIA manages the PHIVIDEC Industrial Estate in Misamis Oriental (PIE-MO) is strategically located adjacent to the gateway of Northern Mindanao, Cagayan de Oro.
Covering an area of 3,000 hectares, it is one of the biggest industrial estates in the country.
- Outside of typhoon paths.
- Large, generally flatlands with a river network.
- Reliable power and water supply.
- Estate declared as PEZA area.
- Has its own container port, the Mindanao Container Terminal, managed by the International Container Terminal Services, Inc. (ICTSI)
MINDANAO CONTAINER TERMINAL
The Mindanao Container Terminal (MCT) currently handles domestic and international cargo, with direct routes to:
- Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Hong Kong
- Kota Kinabalu
MCT positions itself to be a major transshipment port in the Philippines:
- To improve access to international markets.
- To enhance linkages between the BIMP-EAGA and the neighboring countries.
THE PIE-MO BENEFIT: THE 4 P’s
People – are well-trained, efficient and effective.
Policies and Procedures – are investor-friendly, simplified and efficient.
Ports – are a full development of Mindanao Container Terminal.
Power – is reliable, low-priced and continuous power supply.
The PIE-MO is home to the Philippine Sinter Corporation (PSC), the producer of sinter one for steel slabs. It is the oldest and one of the biggest locators of PIE-MO.
The 200-megawatt coal-fired power plant of STEAG State Power Inc., which supplies the Mindanao grid, is another locator.
Various other companies with different products have also made their home in the estate.
INCENTIVES FOR INVESTORS
- Low land lease rates
- Exemption from customs duties and taxes if goods are 50-70% for export
- Availment of the Board of Investments (BOI) and/or Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) privileges if eligible for registration.
- Income Tax Holiday (ITH)
- Exemption from taxes and duties on imported spare parts.
- Exemption from wharfage dues and export tax, duty, impost, and fees.
- Tax exemption on breeding stocks and genetic materials.
- Tax credits.
- Additional deductions from taxable income.
- Income Tax Holiday (ITH), 4-8 years
- 5% Special Tax on gross income, after ITH in lieu of all local and national taxes
- Value-added Tax (VAT) zero-rating
For more information and inquiries, you may reach them on the contact information below:
PHIVIDEC Industrial Authority
Mindanao Container Terminal
9001 Tagoloan, Misamis Oriental
- 63 (88) 567 0315
- 63 (88) 567 0135
- 63 (8822) 740 245
Fax 63 (8822) 742 864
63 (8822) 740 177 loc 243
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org