Last June 26, 2019 – Globe had a Media Briefing for the Globe Media Excellence Awards 2019 which was attended by several media representatives and bloggers from Cagayan de Oro City at Mallberry Suites Hotel.
They also had a Digital Talk which focused on what issues Globe is currently facing. The talk also discussed the various disruptors that the media are facing nowadays.
Globe Media Excellence Awards (GMEA) – Mechanics, Requirements, and Formats
Globe Telecom is pleased to inform you that the Globe Media Excellence Awards (GMEA) is back!
Globe launched GMEA in 2012 to recognize journalists, broadcasters, bloggers, and social media advocates in Cebu and Davao who have shown excellence in their craft, commitment to their profession, and have created a positive impact to the society.
On its fourth run in 2015, GMEA expanded its coverage to other key cities in Visayas and Mindanao. GMEA now covers Cebu, Bacolod, and Iloilo in Visayas, and Davao, Cagayan de Oro, Zamboanga, and General Santos in Mindanao.
Anchored on Globe Telecom’s commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, GMEA seeks out entries that delve on the care for the environment, innate care for people, positive societal impact, and digitalization.
In line with this, Globe Telecom invites you to be part of this significant undertaking!
GMEA 2019 has 2 print categories, 2 broadcast categories, 5 digital categories, and 3 special awards!
- News Report of the Year for Print
- Explanatory/Investigative Story of the Year for Print
- News Report of the Year for Radio
- Explanatory/Investigative Story/Documentary of the Year for Television
- Explanatory/Investigative Story of the Year for Digital
- Explanatory/Investigative Video Story of the Year for Digital
- Photo of the Year for Digital
- Social Media Advocacy of the Year
- Breaking News of the Year
- Environment Story of the Year
- Newsmaker of the Year
- Editor of the Year
Please be reminded of the following:
– Entries must delve on the four (4) Sustainability Focus Areas: care for the environment, innate care for people, positive societal impact, and digital nation.
– Entries must be aired/published/posted within the search period.
Search period for Mindanao: June 2018 to July 2019
– Translations of entries in local dialects are not required.
– Attachments for social impact are optional. However, a major consideration shall be given to those who can present documented proofs. This may include screenshots of social media discussions and shares; references to subsequent reports and commentaries (print, radio, and blogs) arising from the entry; actions by government officials, civil society, and/or ordinary citizens; among other proofs of social impact.
– Entrants are not allowed to submit the same entry to different categories.
For more information about the Formats and Forms, please follow this link: file:///C:/Users/KC/Downloads/WordFile_Globe%20Media%20Excellence%20Awards%202019%20Deck.pdf
Kindly submit your entries together with the respective requirements, the accomplished entry form/s, a scanned copy of your ID, and a high-resolution photo of yourself to GMEA@globe.com.ph. The subject of the entry must be GMEA (Category).